Login
 
Page 6 of 7 
 
 09-11-2017 03:23 AM
LTENetwork
 
Originally posted by BentleyBeard:
153829153830 Saw these yesterday. Looked up the company but didn't find anything.


Looks like it is connected via the existing electric lines. Alcoa is a company which deals with bauxite, aluminum and alumina. It is their company logo.

Looks like it is an aluminum based product for electrical to me as part of their aluminum cast products.
 
 09-11-2017 03:29 AM
LTENetwork
 
Originally posted by BentleyBeard:
153829153830 Saw these yesterday. Looked up the company but didn't find anything.


Alcoa aluminum lightning protection. Nothing wireless or fiber optics based here.
 
 09-11-2017 11:33 AM
bsmall 
 
Originally posted by BentleyBeard:
153829153830 Saw these yesterday. Looked up the company but didn't find anything.


I found some info about it. This is interesting. It actually is fiber related, but for fiber encased in aluminum grounding wires, so that power companies can run fiber overhead inside the their power lines.

https://www.aflglobal.com/Products/Conductor-Accessories/Fiber-Optic-Cable-Hardware/OPGW-Hardware/Opti-Guard-Splice-Enclosure.aspx
AFL is/was a subsidiary of ALCOA

https://www.aflglobal.com/Products/Fiber-Optic-Cable/OPGW.aspx
 
 09-11-2017 08:13 PM
LTENetwork
 
Originally posted by bsmall:
I found some info about it. This is interesting. It actually is fiber related, but for fiber encased in aluminum grounding wires, so that power companies can run fiber overhead inside the their power lines.

https://www.aflglobal.com/Products/Conductor-Accessories/Fiber-Optic-Cable-Hardware/OPGW-Hardware/Opti-Guard-Splice-Enclosure.aspx
AFL is/was a subsidiary of ALCOA

https://www.aflglobal.com/Products/Fiber-Optic-Cable/OPGW.aspx


I guess it is for fiber optics. The telephone, cable companies, and power companies, and other fiber optics firms use a ton of different splicing cases. The Aluminum and Alcoa looked initially like a lightning protection system to me.

With that being said, there is no way to identify who's cables are there and what they are being used for just by posting photos on the internet in rural non deployed markets.
 
 09-13-2017 11:15 PM
BentleyBeard
 
Originally posted by tsalisbury0:
On your video it said 256qam.. How did you find that out?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Use of 64Q on the upload typically indicates 256Q use.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app
 
 09-13-2017 11:17 PM
 jakeuten
 
Originally posted by BentleyBeard:
Use of 64Q on the upload typically indicates 256Q use.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app


I have heard of there being 64QAM on the uplink and downlink.
 
«Previous | Next»
 
Share
TwitterFacebookMySpacedeliciousGoogleDiggreddit

Powered by:
WiForums
version 4.1.9F
WiForums.net


Copyright 2011, Thaddeus Clarke Jr.